Advanced Technology from Yacht Controller
Uncompromising state-of-the-art technical superiority, reliability, precision, customer support, with no cutting of Original Equipment Manufacturers wires or harnesses, and safe yacht control on 15,000 boats over 15+ years!
On the surface – what you can see
- Yacht Controller uses key pad levers created for us by Porsche design making them ergonomic, distinctive and intuitive for the user to identify the command control by touch without having to look down at the remote. This design greatly increases safety and intuitive reaction to all situations as you don’t have to divert attention from the boat and surroundings when docking.
- Our transmitter is IP 67 rated, water submersible and it floats. It has silicone key pad membranes rated for over 250,000 clicks, rather than a polycarbonate keyboard which are rated at less than 10,000 clicks which greatly reduce their life span and reliability and are not dust or water proof
- Our receiver box is IP 65 rated ( protected against even jets of water), and manufactured of highest quality and safety against humidity and water intrusion. Our housings have been proven and standardized in the industry now for almost 20 years and our harnesses and cable end connectors are the highest quality waterproof and certified for marine use to avoid corrosion which is a leading cause of electrical failure and short operating life.
- Yacht Controller has a specified and dedicated take command/engage button to ensure proper and safe transfer of power which makes it compliant with regulations and avoids the possibility of dangerous accidental take command.
Below The Surface - Advanced technology at work below the surface
Providing safety for you and your yacht
- Yacht Controller has an acoustical alarm on the receiver acknowledging both the power up and connection mode between receiver and transmitter, so you know when it is on and when it is connected to the transmitter. This provides a safe power up and take command procedure as the user acoustically knows when the system is activated, engaged or disengaged. Acoustical signals for power up and taking command are standard and important safety protocols in all marine propulsions system
- Dual band proprietary scrolling between two frequencies and multi-channel hopping within each frequency 16 x a second, automatically selecting the strongest and most secure connection for maximum safety as proven oven thousands of installed systems on virtually every brand of boat. If one frequency or even its channels are interrupted by rogue signals using the common 433 MHZ frequency, such as restaurants, service companies, ham radios or government agencies, the other frequency and its channel hopping provides uninterrupted connection and security since the Yacht Controller continuously pages between the two frequencies and their multi channels for the best signal. Dual band overcomes the issues of a single band vulnerability which is subject to interruption at any time especially due to the growth of more 433 MHz wireless devices of all kinds on the market.*
- Yacht Controller uses multiprocessor communication with dual relays as a double layer of security to confirm each command, this protects against accidental stuck commands which could be caused by short circuit, oxidation, electrical issues of a relay fusing closed locking the engine or thruster in gear or the actuation of unrequested commands. A single processor system and relay is vulnerable to these failures and consequently dangerous to your beloved yacht and persons.*
- Yacht Controller meets (or exceeds) the safety standards of the electronic yacht control manufacturers.Yacht Controller has many compliance certifications performed by independent outside certified testing laboratories and further verified by electronics control manufacturers. An array of these certifications is available for inspection on the Yacht Controller website or by contacting us. We believe independent laboratory certification is an important evaluation tool for consumers rather than self-certification where safety of operation is paramount.
- LED’s on the Yacht Controller receiver confirm proper functioning of its individual processors, and our software uses continuous diagnostics checking which will set off sequential audible alarms indicating a type of failure should it occur. For example, low voltage to the system would set-off its unique audible alarm. This provides an easy and secure method of testing the system especially during installation and a safeguard of the system thereafter.
SMOOTH PLUG AND PLAY INTEGRATION ON YOUR YACHT WHICH DOES NOT CUT OR BYPASS YOUR MANUFACTURER’S INSTALLED ELECTRONIC CONTROL SYSTEM
- Yacht Controller connects to your engines and to many types of thrusters via our proprietary plug and play interfaces which work in conjunction with your existing electronic control systems on board, and recognize Yacht Controller as another valid control station. We do not CUT or by-pass these important electronic controls and computers which are designed to keep your propulsion system safe and functional. We also do not cut wires or bridge wires to directly connect to engine solenoids which could cause failure of transmissions, controls, thrusters or other components. As such, our system has never caused a failure of an electronics manufacture or thruster manufacturers equipment allowing us to forge partnerships with companies such as Aventics, MAN, MTU, Glendinning and others.
- Yacht Controller’s superior quality and performance is backed by multi-million dollar Product liability insurance ( which has never been called upon)
- We enjoy the support of +- 15,000 satisfied customers including yacht owners, brokers builders and dealers
- We have 15 years of experience installing our systems on 200 brands of yachts ranging in size to 150 ft
- We hold both USA and international patents for our products
- We are headquartered in Coral Gables, Florida with our main showroom at 1300 SE 17 St Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and a world-wide sales and service network for fast response to fulfill our customer’s requirements
*Not avaliable on Yacht Controller Sport.